UPS, the charter employer that participates in the Metropolitan
College program, is currently seeking part-time package handlers for the
Air District operations in Louisville, KY. UPS employees that
participate in the Metropolitan College program receive a tuition-free education at
either the University of Louisville or Jefferson Community and Technical College.
UPS also provides a great healthcare benefit which includes medical, dental, and
vision. UPS is a great place to work and to pursue your education. Candidates
interested in the program should complete the contact & interest form below.
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible to apply for a job at UPS.
- Must live in or move to the Louisville, KY area
- Must not have any felony convictions
- Continuously lift and lower packages that range up to 70 pounds each
- Bend, stoop, crouch*, crawl*, stand, walk, and turn/pivot for 3-5 hours per day. 5 days per week part-time
- Grasp and maintain control of packages
- Lift packages to heights above the shoulder and lower packages to foot level
- See and hear with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper safety conditions
- Work in an environment that will contain:
- Variable temperatures, and humidity
- exposure to dust, dirt and noise
- confined work area
- Demonstrate cognitive ability to:
- Follow directions and routines
- Work independently with appropriate judgment
- Illustrate spacial awareness
- Read words and numbers
- Concentrate, memorize, and recollect
- Identify logical connections and determine sequence of response
- Process up to 2-3 steps ahead
- Perform other functions that may be assigned
The essential functions of this position include, but may not be limited to those listed above. UPS retains the discretion to modify the duties of the position at any time.
*Job standards may vary by work assignment and location
If you are interested in the Metropolitan College program and/or applying for a position at UPS,
complete the following form. (all fields are required)